Social Listening

The brand that I selected was Busch Light, I chose this because Busch Light is my favorite beer. From the people that I know that I drink with have never said anything negative about Busch Light. I used Instagram to find information about Busch Light, they have over 280 thousand followers on Instagram. Busch Light's value proposition is that they have a unique name, taste, and can. They also have unique flavors and seasons where they change the looks of their cans. Such as Busch apple, and they change the cans to have camo cans and during the summer they have farming materials picture on their cans. On a post there was a video of them opening a fridge and it was filled with Busch Light, one guy commented "this is what heaven looks like." A lot of people that are fans of Busch are from Canada, a guy commented "When are the camo cans coming to Canada?" Finally there is one more comment on a post of a video of a warehouse filled with all Busch Lights and some guy commented "No way those are all real. Send me a pallet and let me confirm."

Busch Light is a beer company in a very competitive market that is trying to come up with new ideas to market their beers. The way that they are marketing their beer is not in an aggressive way or in a way to make you buy a huge amount of their beer. The way they are marketing it is by convincing them that they need one beer. Just a drink to have, or to try it, because they believe once you start drinking some of it, you will be hooked. I think that the marketing challenge is that everyone is different and has different beer likings, so the best thing they can do is make more flavors, more can themes, or even cheaper prices if possible. I would say that they are doing everything they need to be doing to stay in business and stay profitable. 

The Busch instagram replied to just about every persons comment as long as it was relevant and appropriate. I feel like it is a good idea and good for them because it shows that they are glad they get so much support from people that love to drink their beer. I think that if I were the manager, I would want to create more merchandise more shirts, sweatshirts, hats, and as well finding more people to be the face of Busch. Adding in celebrities is good for the brand because people will see the famous person and think that it is cool that they are a part of Busch. 

One thing that I learned in this assignment is the marketing ideas that people and businesses are able to come with over instagram. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing Blog

The Benefits of marketing for University Hero